View Single Post
Old 13-07-15, 02:34
Bluebell

ASSEMBLY ORDER.
If you have completely gutted your hull, the first things to go back in are the gear change parts along the floor and the bottom (between the bed rails) radiator shroud. (it bolts to the floor)
It would be wise to lube/antiseize where you can.
I Put my cross tube in first, but probably the gear change should be first.
The British service book says to leave the roller brackets loose on the inside of the hull and put the shaft in. This makes access to the nuts more difficult. Remember there are 4 holes that hold the leather boot frame on the out side.
The book says to grease the roller assemblies and pack the leather boots with grease (having tie wired the boots into place with a single piece of wire, each side)
Once the cross tube is in, I then put my cam plate (already fitted up on its mounting plate) in. There is little clearance between the big nut and the cross tube. This may need to be relieved.
I assembled the cam plate rollers in last. We are then required to adjust the clearance (rollers to cam plate, )to 0.001".
I then installed the two steering rods from the cam plate forward. It is awkward to get the lock nuts on the bottom.

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....