View Single Post
Old 18-08-16, 12:48
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHClarke View Post
Rob, I will post some photos and clips later on. From my point of view, I was glad to help someone who was of immeasurable assistance in last years Honest John border raid. BZ on the acquisition.
I have to say that the scrapyard has not looked the same since that launcher left. There is now a big open space where there were once treasure. But nobody here was ever going to use it. Derk Derin though about it 20 years ago, but chickened out.
Quote:
Have a good trip back Rob and don't stop at any surplus stores!
Regards,Derk
I almost stopped at an antique store along the highway, and immediately regretted it after I passed. Went right by Ontario gun in Kenogmi as well. Am I losing it?

Quote:
Looking forward to some pictures.
Me too. However be warned that when working I cannot suck the gut in full time and still manage to breathe, so some of the photos will be a testament to why you do not drink 8 cokes a day. However since it is about the guns, it will be OK.

Rob videotaped as well. Not really the kind of you tube that goes viral, but it should be enjoyable to those who like this kind of stuff.

Just getting ready to leave the hotel now, have a 12.5 hour drive ahead of me yet. Most of that is through the Cambrian shield, which is rocky and hilly. Then I will hit the flattest land on earth (Manitoba) and can breathe a little again. In Manitoba, you can set the cruise control, tie the seatbelt to the steering wheel in the straight ahead position, and have a 4 hour nap while traveling at 110 kmh.

The load feels good on the truck and trailer. The truck is a lot smother riding on the way home than it was to the guns.
Attached Thumbnails
hercules.jpg  

Last edited by rob love; 26-09-16 at 01:04.