View Single Post
Old 13-10-09, 03:56
Lionel G. Evans

Default Still sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
Bathurst Race. How on earth were you sober enough at the end to even realize the race was over?

There was a story about enforced alcohol sales limits at the race on Canadian radio last week, otherwise I'd never know what you were talking about. And as one lady on the broadcast said, 'crack a tinnie and go wild'.
G'day Terry,

I have to admit to only watching the last half hour of the race because there are so many advertisements coming on that it really spoils watching the race. It always used to be riddled with advertising but this year it just went crazy. One of my sons is a Ford fan - it saddens me to admit this. So for the past three years Kai had delighted in Holdens being beaten by Fords. It is similar to State of Origin Rugby League football my state of origin is New South Wales and I live in Queensland and married a Queenslander and my children were all born in Queensland. The past years have been pretty tough with the Blues (New South Wales) being beaten each year by Queensland and Ford winning Bathurst.

To enjoy the Bathurst race now you would have to buy and watch a DVD which probably has advertisements on it too.

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2