View Single Post
Old 26-11-19, 00:04

Default WS No. 52 Sender (SN 6498)

Today’s Mail delivery was the Sender, Serial Number 6498, photos attached. This was a nice arrival for several reasons.

The arrival of this Sender completes the electronic parts of the main set of the 52-Set. This brings me up to 80% of the main set items with just the delivery of the Carrier No. 4 remaining to sort out. Even without the carrier, the parts will now look like a complete set.

In addition to all of the above, this particular Sender is nice to have for another reason. It still has its original panel decals, and they are the first version of these decals in that the three tuning decals all have the red ‘A’ and blue ‘B’ Flick identifiers on a white rectangular background. That this version of decal was still in use at serial number 6498 is also a helpful bit of production information. Now, with my main set receiver and remote receiver I have all three versions of this decal.

As you can see, this Sender has a lot of grime and dirt on it, but should clean up OK. Also interesting to note how the grime infiltrated the top of the chassis while it was inside the carrier; heavier towards the front of the chassis and tapering off towards the rear. In addition, it seems the grime did not make it down to the lower sections of the chassis where the usual dust accumulations are far more noticeable.

I would be remiss in not thanking Jacques Fortin in Montreal for taking the time to rebuild the slow motion drive bearings for the Frequency Dial and replacing the missing clear, Lucite dial pointer on the right side of this dial, while this set was in his custody and care following its purchase.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 1.JPG   WS No. 52 Sender 2.JPG   WS No. 52 Sender 3.JPG   WS No. 52 Sender 4.JPG