View Single Post
Old 02-07-09, 05:52

Default EOI - Carrier vision port glass

Hello all,

I am having several sets of carrier vision port glass manufactured for my project and just wanted to know if anyone else is interested in having a set made.

So far I have ordered a set of three for the machine plus three spare and another Full set just to be sure.

For ease of manufacture they are made of modern safety glass, laminated double thickness and fit perfectly into my original frames. One thick and one thin layer could also be made but will be much more expensive and fiddly. Besides, they look identical when fitted to the frames and on the vehicle.

Initial estimate is less than $15 Aud per each glass port plus shipping and may well turn out to be quite a bit less than that...still negotiating.

I have reason to believe that the same port glass will fit British, Australian, Canadian and American manufactured carriers but someone out there will know for sure.

They also appear to fit Australian Dingo and Rover Armoured cars which is why I have ordered some spare.

If you want a set please let me know and I can get more manufactured before the company gets bored with it

Cheers

Phill
Daimler Ferret Mk 2
Land Rover S2A Field Workshop
Land Rover S3 FItted For Radio x2
Land Rover Perentie GS (SASR)
International No 1 Mk 3 2.5 Ton 4x4
International No 1 Mk 4 2.5 Ton 4x4

Last edited by Philliphastings; 02-07-09 at 05:55. Reason: Typo's