Thread: Armour Dreams
View Single Post
Old 11-12-17, 13:52

Paint on vehicles, always a subject to see folks hair go on fire. My viewing of the interior of German vehicles interior with original/factory paint is rather limited and less then the fingers on one hand. Early war tanks, maybe that beige 1001 is good and correct, I know it is correct for a Sd.Kfz.251 (and not some OT 810 jazzed up to look like a 251) mid war and being open topped makes sense. A tank being a more closed down vehicle could be off white gloss enamel so its less "cave like" with a low watt interior light bulb and easy to wipe clean. As an economy measure areas like a engine compartment (such as the Whirbelwind at Borden) show primed engine compartment, white/ivory paint in hull interior and I can only assume the open top gun turret is the same DG paint on both interior as exterior. Again I am NOT an expert on what the original/factory paintwerk would be on German armour during various years and types of vehicles AND as it is your vehicle it is yours to paint as you wish. That all said I really do salute the terrific work you have put into this work and it is something you should be proud of. What will you be running it on track with ? Universal carrier?