View Single Post
Old 22-08-19, 05:11
VMVC

Default Arn 57486

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your information.

I have been waiting on finding the identity of the truck that supplied the transmission fitted to my first F15-A. I will call my first truck the "Orphan Truck"
On that basis I think I will give it some semblance of an identity by using the parts truck transmission's gear case in it. The parts truck was ARN 55166 with transmission No. 3G 43291 F, a F15-A Battery Staff truck. That truck has supplied a Foam Extinguisher bracket. Comparing the two chassis and fittings over a years time I could not find any differences between the two.

In 2000 I rebuilt a F15 transmission and placed it in the "Orphan" not knowing anything about ARN's then. At least the filler plug was on the left side of that transmission. Interestingly, neither the Orphan or the Battery Staff parts truck had any numbers stamped on the chassis so there won't be any conflict there.

I had already anticipated I would do this subject to identifying the original 3 ton GS truck transmission. The parts truck transmission case has been cleaned, stripped and primed so I just have to put the NOS innards in it from the F15 case.

A bit of extra work but I think it is worth it. Still better than the other two transmission options. Now to find a Sunshine roof or convert my spare one.

I wish I had known these things all those years ago. If I was buying a CMP truck now I would look at the transmission first!

Cheers,

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 22-08-19 at 05:25.