Name:	passenger door repair 5.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	48227 Click image for larger version

Name:	passenger door repair 6.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	48228
As usual, the area around the lock was cracked on all corners. Of coure i'm getting used to that by now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	driver door hinge contact.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	48229
I started reassembling the drivers door today too, and found that the bloody top hinge would STILL cause a stress force on the door before it was properly closed, because the hinge contacted an area of door skin along the recessed area. This was easily fixed by carefully removing (sounds better than "Grinding") a little of the hinge thickness. Now I will need to respray the hinge when painting the passenger door.
Click image for larger version

Name:	passenger door repair 7.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	48230
With all welding now completed, tomorrows job will be the panelbeating and application of plastic filler. I can't escape that on this door. There is just too many small dents to be sorted any other way.

I will be in town tomorrow A.M for some sandpaper and other minor supplies (groceries etc) so no work will get done then. The afternoon should be sufficient to finish the bodywork, and hopefully it will be under primer by nightfall.

About 20min ago, I noticed I had an email from one of the Gympie Woodworks Museum chaps, regarding the rifle blocks. Apparently he has been working on these for me and will now need me to supply my spare SMLE butt for fabrication & test fit. Cool!