View Single Post
Old 25-02-18, 01:35

Not much work done on the project this past week beyond restocking soldering supplies and getting familiar with the new soldering station.

However, the attached item arrived in the Mail on Wednesday, compliments of Bruce Parker. It has tidied up quite well and the few missing bits should be easy enough to track down. It is now penciled into the project right after I finish getting the two receivers up and running.

The real gem about this Coil, Aerial Tuning unit is that inside, it is still the original, pristine factory No. 2 Brown paint. Not faded at all from exposure to light of any kind for 74 years. It will definitely be the item scanned in for matching when the time comes for painting.

I thought I would now also post another photo of the project overall to date. Had to transfer in another section of wireless bench from the workshop to accommodate everything, but I had planned for that some years back when designing the Wireless Table setup. Top shelf holds the Main Set Receiver and Coil, Aerial Tuning. The lower shelf the Remote Receiver and Case, Remote Supply Unit, Accessories and spare parts receiver. The starting point Aerial Bag and F-Rods is still on the wall. The tea towel on the Main Set Receiver is not original to the 52-Set. It's 'Cat Proofing', held down by a 2-inch binder full of 52-Set literature/reference manuals.

So, some progress is being made after all.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS-52 Coil, Aerial Tuning No. 2 A.JPG   WS-52 Project 24-02-2018.JPG