View Single Post
Old 25-10-13, 11:12
Lionel G. Evans

Default King Dick Spanner Set Sorted and On the Way

Hello Lauren and other Respondents,

Thank you Lauren for the link to that company. They are the ones I am getting the spanners from.

After much time comparing prices I decided on a UK non-eBay based company to get the spanners from. The comparison included the Australian supplier of King Dick Tools who are based in Queensland. Plus some USA based suppliers too. Yes it was dearer to get the spanners from the Australian supplier of the UK made tools .

It turns out that it would cost me more for postage than the value of the 4 piece set of 4 Deep Offset King Dick Whitworth Spanners. I asked the supplier if the quoted amount for "carriage" would be the same for the 7 piece spanner set as the 4 piece, and luckily it was. So I ordered the 7 piece set.

At least now I have paid more for the spanners that I can use over the ensuing years any time I want to and they are worth more than the one off cost of getting the spanners sent to me .

For some reason the thought of paying more money for postage - "carriage" than the value of the goods being sent to me from overseas really irks me.

So in a couple of weeks I should be able to have some new toys to play with

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2