View Single Post
Old 27-04-10, 13:18
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Uncle Alex's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
taking the engine out of the jeep and disassembling the bottom end is a whole new ball game for me :S.

- what would I be looking for on the bottom end? it does still have oil when I check the dip stick.

- why do I need to disconnect the rods before hitting the pistons with the wood ontop?

the carb is stuck, it seems untouched. my neighbor has access to a ultrasonic cleaner, but should I just see if I can free it myself befor disassembling and rebuilding? by spraying wd40 all over and inside.

the ignition has new points and condenser or they look bran new.

what should I soak the cylinders with?
diesel? (should I clean out the carbon somehow)

I agree I was hesitant about the 350 and after talking to other owners it seems the 350 would grenade the transmission. I never did like the idea of using another engine in this jeep, I love the original bits
Mike..
Your questions are sincere and pretty intelligent..but your youth..exuberance and inexperience shows immediately....which is a good thing/....I am willing to help anyone that needs it but have little patience or time for a know it all..
Which is not you..
Keep the questions coming and print out the two responses from Alex Blair and Alex McDougal...Canada..and Australia...miles apart physically but together in our evaluations of your postings..
Alex Mc is giving you excellent advise...read and heed..
The Other uncle Alex