View Single Post
Old 08-01-07, 11:44
Senior Forum Member

Post Re: photo - Troopers of the Three Rivers Regiment in a jeep, England, 22 July 1942

Quote:
Originally posted by M38CDNBill
Nice picture Win. However, I don't recognize the unit marking under the windshield driver side. The Three Rivers Regt was in the 1st Armoured Brigade (independent) and this markings is not the good one. Somebody has an answer?
The Arm of Service marking and the Brigade Formation sign that appear on the jeep in Wim's photo are correct for the time that the photo was taken (July 42).

Quote:
Originally posted by M38CDNBill
After few researchs, I guess that marking is the previous sign (until the Dieppe raid or before 1943) of the 1st Armoured Brigade. I checked out a picture of the Dieppe raid and on the front of a 14th Armoured Regt tank (Calgary Regt), I saw the same sign and during the WWII, the Three Rivers Regt was in the same brigade.

Does somebody can confirm this affirmation?
Yes, the Calgary Regiment and the Three Rivers Regiment were both in the same Brigade. Sometime after Dieppe, the Formation sign of the Brigade changed from that which appears in the photo to the one your probably thinking of (the image below). I'm not at home at the moment, so I have no access to my notes, but I'll post the effective date of the change in Formation sign once I'm home.

Cheers
Attached Images