View Single Post
Old 25-01-10, 05:05

I went to alot of trouble to find an engine for my carrier and without any luck to find a runner (there is a story for another time!) again one of the Prairie Command members gave me an engine from his WWII generator trailer to use until I find a replacement for him.I am still running his engine in my carrier;
I wanted to have my carrier at the Winnipeg air show so took a week of holidays and finished off my carrier enough to drive it and show it off.The first day of my holidays I went 32 hours straight working on getting the engine and transmission installed.The paint on the decals were still wet when I hauled it to the site on the Friday night.I realized the star doesn't belong there where the numbers should go but that was a sleepless week and being in a rush,made some mistakes that were corrected later;

I can't thank the Prairie Command members enough for all there help and parts to complete this restoration for me.Especially Rob Love for letting me use his house,yard and equipment!A great bunch of guys!
Derk.
1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)