View Single Post
Old 20-05-11, 17:41
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kreiner View Post
Hanno, which book is that photo from? Is it from Historic Military Vehicles Directory, or one of the versions of Fighting Vehicles Directory? I have them all. Sadly, I don't have any issues of Wheels & Tracks (but I do have the four articles dealing with British "Tillies" -- Austin, Hillman, Standard, Morris). I didn't realize the Canadian Ford MCPs differ significantly from the American civilian-type military Fords. Offhand I can recall that the American-built G8T of late-1942-thru-early-1945 has headlight guards and no nameplate. Other than that I don't know.
Bill,

That picture comes from Vanderveen's FVD WW II. As far as I can recall, Wheels & Tracks only has minimal information about MCP vehicles - click here to see a fairly complete listing of relevant W&T articles.

Please bear in mind there is a difference between conventional and modified conventional pattern trucks, both of which were used by the military. I will piece some more info on this together later and post it here. I doubt if the differences between conventional, modified conventional, military pattern and one-offs show up in the sales charts, but it would be interesting to get some more detail.

Hanno