Thread: Mack NR-10
View Single Post
Old 23-02-18, 15:30
Vlad Ganshin

That blue Mack with a crane is a kind of mistery. From its chassis I'd say it's definetly not a NR-10. Dual rear wheels came into series starting from NR-14 model and to the later ones, NR-15,18,19,20. Also high filler neck of the fuel tank tells it was originally installed nearly after 1944 so looks like a NR-14 again. All those later NR's with dual rears were equipped with soft top military style cabs. So looks like the closed one was installed later. It keeps its misteries too. The dash board conteins military style instruments like the open cabs did. Mack closed cabs were equipped with nicely styled instruments off commercial Mack trucks of those years. But the dash itself had different form. Followeed the V-shaped wind screen on the closed cab insted of going straight along the flat military windshield frame. I don't remember seeing such dash bords at all. Talking about the cab I can tell it's a war time one since the cabs produced after 1945 had vent windows in the doors like the yellow truck has. Too probably the cab was taken off that NR-10 model which production year was 1942 or so.