View Single Post
Old 13-10-10, 02:20
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Your word is your bond..

I sold manuals on MLU among other places for at least 10 years and always bent over backwards to satisfy my customers..who were all over the world..
I had a customer who didn't receive his manual in Pennsylvania..
I tracked it and it was across the border somewhere and after three weeks I had another one printed and sent courier..
The day after the second manual arrived the first one showed up He called me and I told him to keep it and give it to his dad, a WW 2 vet and tank commander.
I had another customer in England who after a few weeks notified me that one page was missing ..in the parts manual..
I checked mine and it was in the original but they had missed it in the master copy so I had another page printed and punched for the proper bindings and had it air mailed to England.
No big deal..a round trip to the copy shop ..60 KM..and an special air mail to England..about $18.00,for one page, as I recall..and a day of frigging around..
BUT the customer got his complete manual..
and was happy..
But that is how you treat your customers if you want to have a good name in this hobby..we are too small and every one knows everyone ..OR someone who knows you..or him...or them..
Be honest..admit your mistakes..fix them..
Money you can get lots of ..Your good name....Only one of them..you want to keep it..??Treat your customers with respect and honesty..
Then you can sleep at night and be welcome at any gather up ..and not have to duck and dodge and hide from some one you screwed..
End of rant..