View Single Post
Old 09-03-06, 23:28
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanno Spoelstra
Temporary graves after "the battle for 't Woold".
"W. Kipp Anderson" <wkipp@alltel.net> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hanno, I was looking over some old Kangaroo postings on MLU and found one of interest in the photo you posted of the 't Woold battle aftermath. It appears that this Kangaroo is still engined with the Wright and not the Continental - hence the pepperpot exhaust. This is the only photo I've seen indicating this. At this late date would these Ram II hulls have come from the last remaining batches in England at Dagenham and if so would they have had the cast side ventilators that stood proud (not the cast- in bulges) and remained in SCC2 ?
Hi Kipp,

Interesting, I had not noticed that! I have looked up my list of production changes and determined that from CT-40028 onwards the R975-EC2 engine was replaced by the R975-C1, leading to alterations of the lower hull back plate because of changes in exhaust. This means the Ram Kangaroo in this picture was one of the first 247 built, but most likely a Ram II with hull side doors (these were discared shortly after the change in engine type).
The only picture of a Ram Kangaroo with hull side doors I have seen is on Henk Kuipers' website (see below).
Personally I'm convinced these Ram Kangaroos were painted SCC2.

Hope this helps,
Hanno