View Single Post
Old 26-03-10, 06:43

Default Gday Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pullen View Post
Whilst the excitement of this years event is just starting to drop off, I think now is the best time to start the ball rolling for next year. Although the theme is officially the Year of the Pommie Vehicle, I firmly believe that it will become affectionately known as the Year of the Auto Electrician. Lets be honest, how often do we celebrate Mr Lucas & his wiring wonders......

The levity aside gentlemen, whilst you are all still a bit pumped up from this years event, now is the time to start planning, prepping and saving up the sheckles to get your vehicle there for 2011.

After having spoken to a few people over the Corowa weekend, here's what we may be seeing next year. In no specific order:

Saladin;
Saracen;
CVR(W);
CVR(T);
Ferrets;
Humber 1 tons;
Land Rovers (lots of);
Vickers Lt Tank;
Austin Champs (again, lots of);
M3 Stuart (not pommie I know);
Carriers (again not pommie, give me a break); and
a Matilda & Centurion if they can win the lottery to pay for the transport (so maybe not)......

You have to admit, that is a pretty good starting list. It would be awesome if they all got there too. Although I can fully understand if people or vehicles can't get there due to transport costs. Trucking a vehicle a thousand K round trip just for one show is something our friends from the motherland probably cannot grasp let alone appreciate. This would equate to transport costs alone almost matching the vehicles value in some instances.

Anyway gentlemen, I shall see you there hopefully.
Will the Bandiana Crew be bringing some of their stuff Ian? Are you still involved with Bandiana as much as you were?

Ive heard our wonderful Prime Minister has sliced their budget by 65% . So Im guessing thats enough to crush any displays at Corowa by the Museums crew. Not to mention Morale.

In any case I hope your still involved over there. It is truly an amazing and special place.

The guys over there are always willing to give up time to help some poor fool having trouble wiring up his Cab 12.