View Single Post
Old 02-12-07, 00:11
Vets Dottir 2nd

Hi David ... I would also think that there are still orphanage records, tucked away in some dusty storage room, of the orphans identities and backgrounds and their parents etc ... actually, that's probably the place I would put at the top of my list for searching for info ... the hope would be records weren't destroyed by accident or anything and that someone knows where they are.

A copy of the original registration death certificate would also top the list for me as well as any orphanage records that could be found ,,, and how about the funeral home who handled the funeral and burial?

I'm also not clear (unless I missed it in Jessica's writing) of whether her grandfather worked as an enlisted man or as a civilian ... if enlisted he would have service records. Yes? Copies can be had via the National Archives. I did check the Virtual War Graves site and the Grandfather (using MUELLER spelling) is not listed. I looked there because he was working at a war effort/manufacturing place and thought his death would come under death while/due to serving at home.

Another brainflash ... if there were an industrial accident, would that not mean fire department attendance to the accident and perhaps they would have records of the accident call as well?

I'm just freeflowing with possibilities for search ideas here ... and passing them on. Never know what might turn up some info.

Regards newspapers archives ... I know that Winnipeg Free Press microfiched archives are accessible via the Winnipeg Public Library, so would assume the big dailies of Saskatchewan would also have microfiche copies in Regina's library ... maybe the University also holds records.

Enough ... gotta have my coffee now ,,, just woke a while ago from snoozing and am not quite awake her

Ma