View Single Post
Old 02-12-07, 21:37
Vets Dottir 2nd

Excellent then, if she's Regina based. Makes it a whole lot easier and quicker, and cheaper, for Jessica to scout out the information, now that she has some ideas of who/where to approach for possible answers. She can visit the main library and probably browse the microfiche newspapers for any accident stories and obituaries etc, now ... she's lucky to have actual dates to narrow her search ... and the beauty is that it only costs the "cents" to pay for a photocopied page of that info.

So many people are so new at researching things in areas they know nothing about that they haven't a clue of where and with whom and what to start and don't know what local resources they might approach ... I should know. The amazing thing is when you find out what local resouces are available, from someone across the other side of the world because no one that you know around you has a clue

I think my first "military type resource" I checked out was once I found out about Fallen Soldiers being listed online in the Virtual Memorial, and then the online Legion message board ... and then the reference to MLU forum ... and then ............

I'd suggest to Jessica THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to first to find out exactly what sorts of knowledge and time frames that her Dad would want to know about so that she can know "what specifically" to ask about and where to ask or look. If it were me I'd sure look into finding any orphanage records and info if they still exist!!!

Good luck to her!!!

Karmen