Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 04-07-20, 02:50

Vicki too know the picture as she has a great sense of humour. First she thought I was joking about having to shut down. Then when I actually pulled over and turned off the truck she figured I was no longer joking.

I stopped in the other day at Princess Auto to get a replacement belt. I’d read online that the Chevy 216 needed a 42” belt. So I got two. Got home and they are too short. So after dinner I took them back and got three different sized ones. Well they were too long. It turns out I needed a 44” outside length one. Well that turns out to be the only size out of about 1 million sizes Princess Auto doesn’t have. They had B40, B42. So off to the Home Hardware nearby that is unlike city Home Hardwares. They had name brand Dayco B41. Got home and it was a job to get it on but once on it fits great.

So Dayco B41 is what I needed.

The fitting issue I had with it was a sever lack of room and I’ve got the large pulleys on both the water pump and the generator. When I used a size larger belt it slid over the generator pulley but then there wasn’t enough adjustment to tighten the belt.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer