View Single Post
Old 14-06-22, 20:41

Default Waste of Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
Let's rejoice in the small victories with Holy Roller. A) She is back on display, B) people know her name and recall the tagline part of her story, C) public institutions like Fanshawe College threw their weight behind the project, and D) Holy Roller has had some of the TLC she's been missing over the years. Sure, everyone would have done it differently but complaining here didn't seem to change much after the project was underway.
Terry, frankly I am not sure there is anything to rejoice about. Good money, 8000 hours and original parts were needlessly wasted on a four-year project only to return the vehicle back outside were it will once again be ravaged by the elements and as we have just seen, also vandalized. I suspect the average person in London has no idea what Holy Roller is, unless of course they know something about the current vandalism charges. It is great that Fanshawe College threw their weight behind the project; but judging from the minimal amount of internet content, no-one seemed interested to document their work. From what I have read, there appeared to be more interest in some coins found in the hull then in the tank itself.

I agree that complaining on this forum did not change anything although I suspect that the posted comments are known within the project team.

Too bad really, as four years ago the team started with the clean slate and could have achieved something more then just returning the tank back to the park. Sadly, no-one could see past the same ol' play-book of sticking military vehicles in a park.