View Single Post
Old 02-04-19, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusonn View Post
Wow, very interesting period picture Peter. It destroyed my belief of the early round air-flows being mounted on WOT8 exclusively. This must have been a very early WOT6 contract, switching the production from WOT8. Would be interesting to see the dash setup. I believe the later slope airflow cover was improvement to prevent water leaking inside the cab. Also I believe the hydraulic spare wheel holder must have been mounted to very early WOT6s. Too complex to meet war production cost requirements and maintenance in field I suppose.
I have a large maintenance manual for WOT6 GS, WOT6 Machinery and WOT8 which shows a better picture of the hydraulic holder system. It also contains some interesting pictures like the top cab removal.
I have just received the same manual and the first section on the bodywork mentioned the two differing fronts, the early WOT6 and the WOT8 originally had a multi-piece front section. Like the hydraulic spare wheel carrier, this was obviously simplified on later contracts.
I suspect the scoop type ventilators were added when the one piece front panel went into production.

I've added the red arrows!

Pete M.
Attached Thumbnails
wot-front-panels.jpg