View Single Post
Old 27-10-17, 03:08

Default Extracted: C8 from the Bush

Well, it was quite the day. The rain held off and the temperature was 10C. Most of the leaves have fallen off of the trees which actually helped with the extraction. The right rear wheel was seized so it slid on the leaves and the grass. The owner of the property had his Kabota tractor there and we had jacks, cables, chains, shovels, blocks and bars. It took some ingenuity but we were able to pull it up onto the trailer. We tried putting some air in the tires but as soon as they weighted up, a front sidewall blew out. At least the C-8's are lighter than the C-15A's.
My F250 is a long wheel base and I have a 14ft. trailer so getting around the corner on the bush road presented a problem.
The ride back to the shop was uneventful and the truck is now inside the warehouse.
The top bows look original. It is made from a heavy wall pipe and it weighs a ton! It also has 4 loops for straps on the underside. I did not see anything else in the out buildings or around the truck. It did have both original fenders, a centre console light, no rings for the door hooks and a funny looking metal box structure with a wooden interior frame. I kept it and will post pictures tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Cab11 C-8R - 1.jpg   Cab11 C-8R - 2.jpg   Cab11 C-8R - 3.jpg   Cab11 C-8R - 4.jpg   Cab11 C-8R - 7.jpg  

1941 CMP C12 C-15A (Parts)
1942 CMP C13 F-60S Dumper (Restoring)
2 x 1941 CMP C12 F-GT (Storage)
194? CMP C13 C-60X (For Sale)