View Single Post
Old 09-07-22, 00:40
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninnm View Post
CHRIS: many many thanks for that tutorial!!!!
I may have another question or two but you have cleared up a few things for me....I have some spare cabling so that is the issue.... I think that the long 12-pin plug to 12-pin plug cable actually needs another box than the early No1 box on gunner commander side of turret I am using. My commutator has two terminals below and five above...later model I think. I will look into that - I may have the wrong box over there.
the comments about reversing the lug is well taken - I will try that tomorrow to solve the cabling run problem we are having because of the radio tray sticking out past the end of the socket....shot of turret interior psoted
No sign of an image, but I did a bit of "research" last night... lots of photos od the T17E1 but they're either exterior shots or there's no radio kit fitted.

At one point I got sidetracked into the Marmon-Herrington, which only has a crew of three (so could get away with a single control box for the commander and a junction distribution for the driver and bow gunner), but the T17E1 has a crew of 5 so will be more like a Sherman, and I suspect those drawings will be a good match. It's also late enough to use JD3 for the intercom box in the hull and the same headset assemblies throughout.

Need some interior photos of crew and radio positions - if it's two in the turret (commander & gunner) and three in the hull (driver, bow gunner, loader), then it might just use a single control unit No.1 for commander and gunner, and junction distributions 3 & 4 for everyone "down below". If not, maybe Control Units 1 (Commander & Gunner) and 2 (Wireless operator) and a J.D.3 in the hull for Driver and Bow Gunner. The Junction Distribution boxes would be fed from Control Unit No.1 via the turret and hull junction boxes.
(Because you need both microphone leads plus the "Signal" line and those won't fit in the 6-way power connector.)

Maybe I should write this up neatly, with diagrams?

Chris.