View Single Post
Old 23-07-22, 02:06
Dan Dolan

Default latests iteration of the Staghound Turret-

having trouble posting pictures but the diagram is spot on.....comments really really welcome. Made an executive decision to put the “radio op” box on both sides of the turret where in reality the loader was the radio operator and in WWII installations only, he had the radio controls at his disposal. Makes for one less set of writing connections! I removed the fuses from the two radio control boxes in the turret….I was supposed to do that correct?
My belief is that the left-side radio box in the turret gets its power from the four-wire cable going to the comm box below the radio rack. The right-side radio control box does NOT HAVE a power cable in that it is the box that is connected to the lower left 12-pin socket on the No 19 radio set itself. The left-side radio control box (the one the commander and gunner use) is connected to the loader / radio op box with a 12-pin to 12-pin cable.
I figured out how to change the orientation of the 12-pin plugs and I did that – the lower cable now runs in a straight line over to the right-side radio box.
Check out my diagram – see if I got it right???!!!
Thanks all.
Dan in NM
505-tew-69-205-syx
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Staghound-diagram.pdf (235.6 KB, 9 views)