View Single Post
Old 22-04-17, 16:12

I just had a FB Messenger chat with Irfan.

He and his brother are the ones sewing the tank suits. He has his shop worked making a couple of large orders for Jerry Lee ( What Price Glory).

He says he is shipping three suits a week.

He also says he expects to complete the delivery in 80 days from the date Rinkum got his.

He has had some labels made up to resemble the wartime labels but he took to heart my caution to add something modern to the labels so people don't accuse him of selling fake originals. He added the modern company name.

Any without labels, let me know and i will send you a label for your size to add, if you choose.

Irfan has not yet registered for MLU, but I have encouraged him to, if only to post in the For Sale section, or respond to questions on the suits and possible future projects.

FYI - Denim tank suits. - Jerry Lee of WPG is interested in a lot of the excess yardage we will have to have made, but he is not interested in the AFV suits. He says the volume is not significant enough for him, so he is helping me.

I am about to do something brash and try to sutler under the brand "B/|\O" "Burrill Ordnance" for a few AFV related items. This does not include the denim tank suit project! I said I would get that going as a fellow hobbyist and not put any kind of mark up on it. We all pay the same to Irfan for them,

But after that, I will see if I can make a bit of dosh from some other projects. I will clearly mark those so you know there is some profit being made.

All the best,
Jim
1942 Humber Mk4 Armoured Car

15th (S) Reconnaissance Regt