Thread: t16 Information
View Single Post
Old 21-08-17, 00:24

Default t16 Information

I am back to working on my t16 from some medical delays, I am in Arkansas in the United States so don't get a lot of these to look at around here. Here is what I got.
Ford Serial #FS 6240 (on gunner front tow hook)
Stamped in nose on driver side TA-GAU-58071 also number 45 stamped. GAU-58071 stamped on Swedish plate with 1944 year stamping?
Would like some help on the following;
1--Hull number ?????????? this is one thing I would like to try to figure out. The upper exterior hull was sand blasted at some time before it was painted with yellow primer and grey paint.
2--Can I identify weather it was British or Canadian, because I want to take her back to her war time configuration instead of the Swedish or personal configuration, you know slap a 50 Cal. on it and go. Have just about all the Swedish add-ons taken off and holes re-drilled that I am sure about and am trying to put back on the items they cut off. Found several holes that were welded up down the gunner side upper track armor. One Group of 2 holes 3" apart next to gunner seat going forward to rear, five groups of 2 in rear compartment but all drilled side to side and all appear to have been countersunk. Does this give me some indication of it's past?
3--It had no rear storage box on driver side, it had remains of the vertical traps and no mounting nuts for the box.
4--It had all the studs cut off that the radio cover hook on, guessing this was a Swedish take off? Rear MG tripod mounts cut off, again Swedish doing?
5--Her tow bar had quit the jar to knock her mounting welds loose on one side. Not sure if from towing something or just being towed.
Working off of pictures only to put the correct fuel tanks, battery carrier, radiator overflow tank and rear floor boxes, back on.

Any help would be appreciated or even any info on books or other info that might help me get her going again. Engine is almost done and would like to get her painted, but I want to make sure I do her justice in her new old life.

Ron McAfee
Harrison, Arkansas USA