View Single Post
Old 15-07-22, 23:54

Default Entac missile box

This is a bit of a dead end but anyway here goes.

I have a like for well fabricated items. A while ago I was able through the good graces of a number of folks in our hobby to acquire this box. The graphics on the outside are just so eye catching and as a secure storage box,able to deny entry to mice it had a great amount of appeal.

The box is made of an early fibre glass. The construction is superb in every detail and the design compliments that. The latches are a cam over centre, stainless materials and a quite fine spring loaded catch to prevent it opening by chance. There is a screw thread type pressure equilisation device at one end. The lid had a nice rubber seal in a groove that seat positively.

The box has handles that fall right to hand, the top has square shallow lugs reminiscent of Lego and the underside has depressions that mate. This allows great storage. one wonders if they can be turned through 90 degrees to lock together different rows.

I had a mind that it would store items for me and now it houses a very nice post war cam net I was able to buy and collect from Perry Kitson.

I thought I would document it and share for others to enjoy. If anyone has an Entac missile display and wants this I would by negotiation be happy to let them acquire it to complete such a display. In the meantime I have a very well made box.
Attached Thumbnails
entac box 01.jpg   entac box 02.jpeg   entac box 03.jpg   entac box 04.jpg   entac box 05.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62