View Single Post
Old 20-12-19, 12:08

Default A question regarding the late John Forsey aka Blackpowder44 collection.

I have a question regarding the late John Forsey aka Blackpowder44 collection.

For a while I have been trying to find out who Blackpowder44 was and unfortunately found out here that he is no longer among us.

The reason is that he posted a post on the www.warrelics.eu/forum with the headline "Barn finds 1988", where John describes the purchase of some vehicles that have allegedly been used in movies.
He also writes that he can only be allowed to buy a 37 mm Bofors anti-tank gun. Please see the picture where you see the Bofors gun at the bottom.

The picture shows the former Danish Bofors 37 mm anti-tank gun with the Danish military designation: 37 mm L/50 Fodfolkskanon (Ff.K.) M.1937

I have a great historical interest in this particular gun type , where I try to find out as much about their history as possible, including where they are today.

This Bofor type is rare and it is unusual to see it in the UK and it is therefore interesting to find out how it ended up there and not in the US as the rest largely did.

I have made it a smaller project to find and describe the history of all former Danish 37 mm anti-tank guns in the period approx. 1935 to 1950s.

So I hope, that you who have known John, can help me with the following questions.

- John was offered the gun, but did he buy it?
- If he bought it, did he kept it to himself or did he sold it on?
- If not, does anyone here know anything about it and its fate?

- If anyone here has heard of other former Danish 37 mm anti-tank guns other than this one, I am naturally also interested to hear about it.

You are welcome to contact me here or directly on my project email address: db37atg@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Flemming Soerensen
Denmark
Attached Thumbnails
vehicle collection 008.jpg