View Single Post
Old 23-06-15, 02:05

Default Anyone seen these acceptance stamps before?

I finally got around to replacing the finishing hardware on my AR88 Series Loudspeaker today, with a bakelite holder and correct military pocket watch, thanks to the great service from BA Bolts in England getting me the correct hardware.

When I removed the rear cover from the speaker case to work on the hardware, the markings on the rear of the speaker element surprised me. These speakers were built by RCA in their Montreal plant and the bottom of the case has a yellow C-Broad Arrow stamp on it. I assumed the inner speaker element would also be either of Canadian or American manufacture. The idea was sourcing in North America would avoid delivery problems. As you will see in the first photo, there are two stamps on the PM Housing on the back of the speaker element. The upper one is a black ring with R.C.A. at the top and a broad arrow stamp at the bottom. To me, that suggests a speaker element build in England.

The lower stamp, I have seen somewhere before, but cannot recall it's origin. It is a large red Capital P, with a broad arrow fixed to the foot of the P and a single arrow barb fastened to the P in the top left part of the letter.

Can anyone ID this stamp?

The second photo is of the completed speaker together with the AR88LF Receiver.

David
Attached Thumbnails
AR88 Speaker Inside View.JPG   RCA AR88LF with completed Speaker.JPG