View Single Post
Old 01-10-18, 17:00

I did the jumpered test of the Remote Supply to the Remote Receiver late yesterday and the receiver lit up beautifully. After about a 10 minute warmup, I took meter readings for the valves. All registered and 'look' to be in the right range of values, but to be sure, I sent a copy of the recorded values to a friend in Arizona who operates a 52-Set Cdn on the air on a regular basis to see how my readings compare to his receiver.

The audio seemed a bit higher in white noise than it should and part of that may be some oxide build up on the various control contacts from lack of use over the years. The audio from the crystal calibrator was a bit weak but the 1000, 100 and 10 Kc pips could all be heard.

The only fly in the ointment was a nil reading for HT on the meter. Likely suspect is the R58A resistor (or resistor pair as it turns out) may have gone South. Now if I can only figure out where the heck they hid the little sucker(s) on the chassis, I can test them and see how close I get to the rated 600,000 Ohm value.

At least I have narrowed the short down to being intermittent and internal to the connector socket. It's nice to make progress on issues.

David