View Single Post
Old 21-03-12, 23:37

Default Visible Progress Resumes

Hi All

Well after several months of work on the HUP which never seemed to show any progress to completing the over haul Visible Progress Resumes. My real problem was I go to a point were almost everything was being held up my needing to paint major parts.

Though we still had snow left from plowing at the beginning of the week the snow is now gone and we are having high 70s low 80s F weather. First step was pulling the HUP chassis out of the other garage where it has been sitting all winter. I move it to the garage bay that normally houses my car to keep it clean as I continued to work on stuff in the shop. As you can see from the photos of the divots left in the door yard the ground is still soft. Though this was going to be a major undertaking but in the end once I go HUP turned I was able to tow it and push it in to the main shop, even got it centered in the bay on the first try.

Off with the wheels and a little cleaning and it was ready for the flat coat of OD which I sprayed on today, tomorrow I hope to put the wheels back on and get ready to lower the body back on. Then the really serious reassembly can begin again.
Attached Thumbnails
4-20-12 004.jpg   4-20-12 005.jpg   4-20-12 006.jpg   4-21-12 002.jpg  
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com