Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 02-02-07, 17:37
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Not a bad idea....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
...or if you had a chance to drop in........

I am sure that a number of MLU would be interested..... might even pay us to gang up for an Ontario bulk shipment.....

Go for it Sapper...

Bob
Just got off the phone with Wallace. I called his store but he is away for the weekend, fortunately I have his private number. The factory hasn't made any of the tires yet but production will start in March. He is taking orders now for the 10.50 X 16 8 ply Chevron pattern for 172.80usd (F.O.B. factory). He told me his prices are subject to change depending on the world price of oil, as is stated on his website and his recent ad in the March 2007 issue of Supply Line. If you place an order now, that is the price you will pay. In a couple of months, you could pay more or you could pay less. The price for the 900 X 16 NDTs I bought last year have dropped $20.00ea. He had no details regarding their load range or load bearing capacity. I asked him if it would save money if the tires were shipped directly from the factory. He said it might and that he would look into it. I also told him that if it would save any M.L.U. members some money if I handled the shipping from Texas to Canada, he would allow it. I further asked him if there would be a volume discount if someone ordered several tires and he responded that he would be willing to look into it based upon quantity. What I'm thinking is that anyone who wants a set of these tires, contact Wallace Wade directly and work your best deal, shipping included, but don't place the order. Then let me make a deal for all y'all's tires and see if I can save you some money. I've done a favour for Wallace in the past by taking several tires to an event in South Texas and thereby saving him some money, so maybe he'll give me a better deal. You never know. I'll keep in touch with Wallace as we get closer to the tire production to see if I can get some pics and further info. Sapper 740 over.