Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 03-02-07, 01:18
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Swords and Ploughshares Museum

Sapper D:

The mausoleum is skint right now but I will personally purchase seven (7) if the deal works out as per Rob Clarke's observations (except I don't have the time limit he does... no wife )

Boobee: Once the stuff is on a truck in Texas the cost to Toronto or to any other place in central/eastern Ontario is about the same. I would carefully look at the option of shipping to a place like Ogdensburg and bringing them across at Prescott. Shipping within the USA is MUCH cheaper than crossing a border.

I did some checking into this sometime ago and if I remember correctly, you will pay GST and PST but if the tyres are going on an antique (bring registration/appraisal/photos/reference material) then there is no other duty.

One benefit of Ogdensburg is that we have a "friend in court" in the form of a fellow mil veh collector who also runs an antique car parts business (so he is familiar with dragging old and new parts across the border) AND is a Canada Customs officer at Prescott.

He will happily advise us on the rules (and make sure we follow them)

I will not be back until 7 April so I will not be able to speak to Wallace myself (the long distance fees from Ghana to Texas will outdo the cost of the tyres!) but have earmarked the money for the seven tyres. Derek are you willing to commit me for seven with Wallace. I'm prepared to PM my VISA split in two or three emails to foul spammers/hackers.

Cheers! Mike
www.calnan.com/swords