Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 03-02-07, 05:07
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Gunner in Ghana

Hi Derek: Boobee don't go away, theres stuff in here for you too!

I'm in the Military Training Assistance Programme (MTAP) which is Canadian training for all our non NATO or SEATO countries/allies. It used to be primarily Commonwealth in Africa and the Caribbean but expanded in the 70's, 80's and 90's to include PfP, other eastern europeans, arabian peninsula, pacific rim, sub-continent, south and central america , etc, etc. There are 68 countries in the programme with three more banging on the door (no names, no pack drill).

I hold the Africa desk and am spending about 1/2 of each year over there running courses. I'm the CI for a team of 8 LCols and Majs who will be at the Kofi Anan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (built in part with Canadian funds) where we will train 75 officers (Capt to LCol) from 14 African countries in Canadian style peacekeeping. POs run from the Estimate (now called the Operational Planning Process), to Law of Armed Conflict to dealing with the media, to running a Sector or Mission Ops Centre. Last fall it was two months on a Kenyan army base and we are looking at Mali (not Maui ) Good fun, interesting work and I get home in Apr!

Like you said, I'll send the visa number by BLACKHORSE if you remember how it goes. The first digit will indicate the start point.

Boobee: thanks for being discreet for our Prescott friend's sake.

I'm willing to be the test rat if we want to do an initial order of two as I will need them right quick to go on the Quad Polsten when it arrives (ROT gods willing) in mid to late Apr.

If'n you and Rob can coord the pickup. Rob is a listed member of the museum executive and our friend has the museum codes already. I'll see him this weekend as I have to drop off the bill of sale for his M135 Cdn.

And don't forget to support the troops overseas ('cause I become one in two days! )

www.calnan.com/swords