View Single Post
Old 25-09-15, 15:55

Default limited annual mileage clause in the Highway Traffic Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
My interpretation of the Historic Plate is its limited annual mileage clause. ... my vote it to plate the Jeep like a car and only deal with the insurance company restrictions.
I have not seen a limited annual mileage clause in the Highway Traffic Act (Ontario). I assume you are referring to the additional restrictions imposed by private insurance, when a vehicle is insured as a Historic Vehicle.

I agree on the importance of keeping any vehicle running and exercised to keep all the seals, gaskets and parts moving. There seems to be a consensus that just taking a vehicle out a few times a season is not enough....

I consider the slightly higher vehicle registration and insurance costs are well worth the ability to decide on a wonderful afternoon to jump in the Jeep, take the BBQ and go for a drive along the Rideau River and stop for supper.

I also prefer to drive my "Jeep" to events within a 300 km radius of Ottawa, rather than tow it to the event.

I understand that for certain Historic Vehicles, that the Historic Vehicle plate may offer some advantages.... To quote a phase in use in Canada at the moment, my "Jeep" ... "is just not ready yet...." to be a Historic Vehicle.

Cheers!
Stuart