View Single Post
Old 06-10-18, 15:41
carrier mech

That is one heck of a drive, and it seems hints of winter have come early to the prairies, so you may have some exciting times learning about winter driving on the bald ass prairies. Resist the urge to set the cruise control and have a nap while passing through Saskatchewan and Manitoba...unfortunately the highways do have correction lines to them so you can't quite simply tie the seatbelt to the steering wheel in the straight ahead position.

You'll feel a strong magnetic attraction from the South a little after you get past Brandon Manitoba. That will be the collection of CMPs here at the Shilo museum, located about 12 miles South of the trans-Canada highway. While not open on weekends or evenings during the fall/winter, give me a couple days notice and I can run you through. Minimum tour time is about an hour if you just go through the storage facility.....half a day minimum to see the storage building, the museum, and the dustbowl.

That invitation is open to all of the MLU regulars...I don't think I have ever turned down anybody from this forum when they've been through.