View Single Post
Old 23-07-13, 23:02
MLU Administrator

Keith,

You seem to be the bearer of sad news these days. But thanks a lot for passing it on. I hadn't been in touch with Carman for a long while so I wasn't aware of her condition, though I do know she had been battling ill health for a long time.

For those who didn't know her, Carman signed up on this forum as "Vets_Dottir" back in 2003. She was looking for infomation about her uncle, Edward Smith, who was executed during the Normandy fighting in June 1944. After Geoff, Shawn and I visited her uncle's grave in 2004 Geoff noted "This thread is what brought you here, and this is what shall take you there" (yes, he was very good with words, should have been a writer).
Soon after they fell in love, and she moved in with Geoff and was one of MLU's hardest working moderators. Sadly the relation was not to last very long and eventually Carmen was banned from this forum by Geoff. That's how things can go in life, but let me end this post with a picture of Geoff and Carmen in happier times in Winnipeg as a tribute to a special person.

RIP Carman (a.k.a. Miss Yappy )

Hanno