Thread: Wanted: Water Bowser Fittings
View Single Post
Old 18-04-18, 17:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsa View Post
I've managed to track down the original manufacturer for the water bowser / water truck filters in the UK. Explained that there was a small number of people that were preserving these British military vehicles and most were in need of the filters.

They took this to their weekly admin meeting and currently seem interested in helping us out. They asked how accurate we needed them in terms of internal and external features and I told them that the most important aspect was the external look. Internal fittings would be very expensive to replicate and likely everyone could live without the canister filtering as long as water could still pass through it and thus allow the device to not require the hose lines to be re-routed for the pump to work.

Plan right now is they will get quotes for 1, 2, 5 and 10 filter canisters. The canisters will look as cosmetically correct externally as possible and will have a pipe inside to allow the water from the in and out hoses to pass through so that it appears to be functional. Finish would be unpainted so that people can match their own trailer or other fitting colors. They will also see if the original manufacturer for the cast nomenclature plates on the filters can help out. Failing that they will do a laser etched plate which should serve as a satisfactory placeholder that could be replaced by individuals over time if a suitable replacement becomes available.

Will update once I know more. This would likely be a one time group purchase where everyone gets them at cost. Price will likely be cheaper as the quantity increases.
That is potentially great news, well done sir! Not sure how many other members want them, but mark me down as interested in three filters.

If this is a goer, I have quite a few photos of the filters as well as a manual for the Type 2 Metafilter. Happy to email copies through, if it helps in any way.

Owen.
1936 Opel Olympia
MVPA # 39159
MVT # 19406