View Single Post
Old 03-10-14, 22:16
Niels Vegger

Well I am one of the really odd one's out.
I am 29, and have a rather large collection of UK/Can vehicles. (Though selling a couple now)
I got interested in MV because one of my fathers friends bought a C60L Cab 13, and took the time to drag me with him to shows and told the history of the vehicles and the war, let me help out with the work on it, and then bought my own Austin Champ at age 16
I have some friends in my age groupe that have vehicles, but one problem I think many young people have is storage space, we cant afford big houses or having to rent a barn for the vehicles, when we just have begun to earn money and maybe are starting a familiy.
And most of the small, easy to handel, vehicles (jeeps etc.) are fare to expensive for us.
the only reson that I can have the vehicles I do is that my father 10 years ago bought a farm because he wanted to live in the countryside, and I therefore dont have to think about storage cost. I dont think the hobby will die out, and specially if people take the time to tell the history of the vehicles and so on when at shows I think new people can be attracted, and the MV do attracked attension when I bring my Scammell to a car show, there is a constant flow of people wanting to talk with me about it.
1955 Austin Champ, 04BF45