View Single Post
Old 22-01-18, 19:45

Default Bringing this one back to the top.

I just saw this post while looking thru this area of the forum. I have never explored this part and have been on here for years. I am 41 and have been getting into this hobby for about 10 years now. I am known to a few of you out there and meet a few as I travel across the country each summer as the "MLU express". As the older gentlemen sell off the collections I am confidant that the younger people will buy the vehicles that are restored. The old basket cases in the back 40 are the ones that will end up going for scrap. Many of the younger generation (myself included) don't have the skills of working on engines because the cars we have now are mostly computer and don't require fixing as much as part swapping. I have taught myself how to weld and tinker but still need plenty of help when it comes to the finer points of working on an engine. Carbs are a simple looking thing until they don't work right, then I don't know how to set them back correctly.
In summary I think the hobby will continue but the value will soon top out as the restored vehicles become more available, parts will be the big value. Since even restored vehicles will continue to break.