Thread: Some Funnies
View Single Post
Old 24-01-05, 07:02
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Humor Time on a cold Sunday-Groan

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Well Karmen,after the Robbie Burns' stag I remembered at least two jokes.It was an amazing evening.One guy in from Calgary,one in from Newfoundland,a whole table of Black Watch including two ex commanding officers,and all the scotch you can drink FREE.NOW where did I put that damn drum,and where did that Drambuie drinking pipe major disappear too?
Scotch ... oh yeah yeah ... sounds positively intoxicating my friend.

I actually met some young fellows from the Black Watch in Nelson a couple (?) of years ago.... amazingly young. Very interesting ... and very very Scottish accents.... they were great young lads!

I'm hoping to taste some Haggis ... which I know through experience tastes much like the Buckwheat Sausage of my childhood! I used to watch my stepfather (german) make that ... I also watched the butchering of the pigs... yuk... bleed them first right? ... then sausage making in the intestines as sausage-holders. Hmmmm my friend... you bring back the visual memori3s for sure ... and the taste!!! I LOVED and STILL love buckwheat sausage... so I darned well better get to taste some Haggis for the Rpobbie Burns Day!!!

No Black Watch in this House... but I do have access to a Scottish Highlander ... he MUST have a KILT ... if not , darn it, he can wear mine while we listen to "The Music Of Scotland" by the National Scottish Pipe and Drum Corps and Military Band CD!