View Single Post
Old 11-10-18, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin Wright View Post
I had this task to do for a friend in Sydney who had a M8.
Apart from bleeding the clutch master cylinder, there are 2 other bleed points, one at the slave cylinder and one mid way in the piping, right hand side of hull, it is located to the rear of the fighting compartment of just inside the engine bay. This is due to the high point in the line and that air collected in this position.
Cannot remember the size of that pipe; however, once bled clutch worked really well and got to drive the M8 around for 15 min.
Darrin,
Do you mean left hand side of the hull? That is where the high point is on ours, just at the driver's left shoulder. I notice all the other hydraulic lines (brake and throttle) run over to the right side of the hull. Maybe a previous owner took a shortcut with the clutch tubing down the left side?

Our M8 didn't have a bleed nipple at the tubing high spot so rather than install a nipple, I got rid of the high spot by running the tubing down the hill wall from the m/c and along the floor to the driver's left. Considering this is quite fragile soft 5/16" copper tubing, I'm not sure now if that was a good idea.

Perhaps the use of 1/2" tubing was to make it more resistant to getting crushed or bent, but in that case why use copper tubing?

Malcolm