View Single Post
Old 11-09-17, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin jones View Post
I sent the museum a email about their Vickers tank and just got a reply back today.
Their tank is complete but in order for them to have it displayed inside they had to drain all fluids. The director told me that because of this, the tank is not in running condition. I asked if someone could possibly take some photos of the inside of the tank for me which I would be happy to have paid for but he said because of safety reasons it had been welded shut and was not able to help with my request. That Vickers would have been the perfect one for reference as it, I assume has not been touched inside and is probably as original inside as the day it was made.
Is there anyone here that has any influence over there or possibly know someone that does. Photos of the inside of that tank would be invaluable to me.
Colin.
Colin, If I can be of help in any way, I do have some interior shots of the inside, let me know. I have a reprint copy of a publication dated 1937 for light tanks MkII to VI, which includes a wiring diagram for the MkVI....oddly the rear lights are shown as red and blue lamps....never discovered why a blue light was fitted and for what purpose !!

George.