View Single Post
Old 12-11-18, 03:40

Default Rememberance Day

It was a cold & windy day in Québec this year John . Not unlike the weather those who preceeded us in battle had to face on a daily basis . For all those who made the ultimate sacrifice and those who survived only to face a life of pain and agony or guilt of having survived after coming back home it was easy for me to put on my thermal underwear . My feet are dry . I have eaten today. Then the three pairs of socks went on . I have not lost a comrade today, all is good . The t-shirt , the turtleneck and the shirt .I am not in fear for my life or for that of my loved ones . The winter CF Dress tunic & pants ( don’t make them anymore ) . I have a roof over my head . I voted in a Provincial election this fall. The parka was most welcome. My kids are in school . It was windy and a balmy minus 10 degrees. It was cold in the trenches . Afterwards, the nice hot chicken broth at the local Legion . Some vets have passed away since last year . Some are too old , week or too sick to come out anymore . But they were with us in our hearts and minds we all know that. It is the thought that counts . It is the spirit that helps us carry on. Carry on soldier and go do your duty to God , Queen and Country. Tomorrow will always be better if you are Canadian and mostly because of them. So if your health improves John and you feel better come next year .
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 15-11-18 at 15:20.