View Single Post
Old 17-11-20, 20:28

Default more of the same.... about onions....trunions...

Philippe Jeanneau
1939 (VC) 1.5 ton truck. 158-1/2" WB. Trunnion Bearing Lock Ring
Hello,
5.578 Trunnion, Universal Joint 1939 No lock rinags shown for 1939 BUT.....
under 5.586 RING, U Joint Yoke trunnion bearing Lock.....from 1933 to 51 365316........

Wonder if anyone can confirm the part number for a trunnion bearing lock ring for a 1939 (1.5) ton truck... I come up with GM 365316, but fear that it may be incorrect, since I cannot find any replacements... The only thing listed and available is a u-joint repair kit GM 609948 which contains 4 clips, but no part number info there as far as the complete kit contents...NADA

I would suggest you search for a similar part by size rather than make, model and year...... find a drive train specialty shop that services prof. trucks and do custom fabrication or rebuilds drive shaft...... if they have them they will have a full box at a few pennies each and they do not care what it fits on...... In Ottawa Malmberg truck centre has a seperate building for drive train fabrication....... walked in with a section of CMP short driveshaft and an old U joint..... guy at the counter did not even said hello...looked at the U joint with the taped over cups and said....something like #2920 how many do you need....... two I said....... do you want them press in....$10 a pair...... YES pleeeze......Now they have undergone a change of ownership since then....not sure what that might have done...... the counter guy could not care less if it came from a bread making machine or agricultural equipment..... lots of it is generic........ same for bearinsg if they search by size rather than part 80 years old part number success is more likely.

Apparently, these are supposed to be replaced each time you disassemble the u-joints, so I would need 8 pieces. Another part number found for a similar clip is GM 26056600, which looks similar (longer) but I do not have the dimensions... Thank you....... no in of on the260xxx number.

....and they say the search is half the fun........
Canada