View Single Post
Old 07-04-10, 00:40
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Start her up..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Browning View Post
Makes sense to me. I'm not familier with the early M-3. The bogies came apart easily, except for having the arm gudgeons pressed out. All done by one person, no electric, no air tools. 20 ton jacks, big blocks, bigger hammer, lots of elbow grease. Jesse.

Jesse..
I'm visiting my daughter and son in law a few miles north of Indianapolis..I would have loved to stop in for a peek but didn't have time..coming down..but I'm going to hang outside when you start her up..I'm sure the Brickyard will have nothing on the sound in your back yard..beautiful work..If I can find it I will look when I get back for some info from a radial engine mechanic about his years of working on those engines during the war..I let all that info go with the rest of my manual collection when I sold It but may be able to find it..It told how to set up the different magnetos and tuning it up..a real interesting piece of work..
I know where your town is and I head east through Detroit..but a swing north west may be a possibility ..IF I can get my wife to sleep long enough when we take off for home..

Anyway I have been following and will check out the info I had on the Radials..
Alex