View Single Post
Old 17-12-08, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post

In one Aust. episode I watched .. the three presenters took 3 cars down to Tassie , luxury touring /sporty cars (all worth over $100K each) .... Warren drove a Daimler or something..the two others had a Ferrari and a Porsch as well, from memory. What we saw on the air ,was nothing more than a 5 minute skit, with the 3 of them racing each other along a stretch of road, and silly, mindless banter between them ... What was the point of doing it ?
Mike,

Top Gear is accepted for what it is, originally, it started off as a normal motoring programme called Wheelbase and then developed into the present form. There is no doubt to its popularity around the world. I take it or leave it, it is entertainment. Warren is a military vehicle owner and enthusiast. He accompanied me on the 2004 Normandy D-day Tour, where he met Lang and the Peking-Paris adventure was planned........from that programme he was then chosen for Top Gear Australia. I say good luck to him, what you see is what the producers want and as SBS television have had record viewing figures for this programme it obviously worked as I understand a second series is in the pipeline. ( I have watched most of the TG Australia series and found them to be good viewing, by the way)

Is the FOX programme on tank restoration, the series that has been on satellite tv for some time, or a new one from Australia?

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor