View Single Post
Old 16-05-19, 12:16

Guys, thanks for all your replies.

Tony, I had missed that thread. Interesting info.....especially the pictures that Grant posted of the bracket fitted below the hook. It looks to good to be make-shift if you ask me.....so that could be the proper bracket for lighting of an artillery light.

Quote:
The Cnd 10cwt trailer came with tail and brake lights. There was a cable on the front with standard US male plug. However nothing on the CMP to plug it into.
Thanks Jordan. So, I am guessing the socket does fit in the connector in the back of a Jeep?

Quote:
As to the safety chains I just cross them under lunet an hook them in the tow eyes on the frame ends of my C60S and C60L trucks.
Phil, that's also the only solution I could come up with.....I mean without fitting additional parts or modifying things. I can only imagine that towing heavy trailers can be a challenge!

From Patrice's scans I understand that the larger recovery tractors and trucks were fitted with proper brake facilities for the larger transporter trailers, but I still wonder about the 2 axle CMP trailers....the 20cwt single axle trailers, Jordan's 10cwt, but also US or British type trailers like the 1Ton Ben Hur and 1/4ton US jeep trailer.
They can be seen being towed behind CMP's in period pictures, so maybe if there was no standard connection for the lighting, they just didn't bother and drove without lights???

Alex